by Administrator on Feb 8, 2015
Lighting is most noticeable features in your home. If there is too much of it, it can be uncomfortable to some people. Medically, some antibiotics, antihistamines and other factors also make your eyes temporarily more sensitive to light. Also people with syndromes like Sjogren’s will benefit greatly from less lighting. One of the best ways to control light levels is with dimmer switches. The light is managed with a slow sliding lever or turn dial when a dimmer switch is installed.
Benefits of Dimming Lights
- You have complete control of the amount of light in any given room.
- You will be able to add that special ambiance to a room.
- There are also additional benefits with savings using less electricity and your light blubs will last longer.
While dimmer switches do offer plenty of benefits, there are a few things you should consider before running to your local hardware store to replace all the switches in your house.
- If the electrical box with the current switch is overloaded with wires, it may not be a good idea to install a dimmer since they are bulkier then standard switches.
- The cost is considerably more expensive ranging from $5.00 to more than $100.00 for a multi-room controller and other gadgets like remote controls.
- Fluorescent lights cannot be dimmed without great expense using dimmable ballast.
- Lights that are attached to wall outlets should be taken into consideration. You will not want to plug your TV, computer and other valuables into a wall outlet using a dimmer.
- If installing in a bathroom, but conscious of the effects if having the air blower in the same circuit.
I have a personal fondness to dimmer switches having Sjogren's Syndrome. EVERY switch in my house (exception for the garage) is on a 120V toggle dimmer. I have single pole DUAL dimmer switches in the bedroom that splits the fan and the light on a toggle and the faux dimming switch that looks like a typical switch.
Most Recent Articles
- May 9, 2015 Problems with Unexplained Fatigue? by Administrator
- Mar 9, 2015 Relieve Joint Pain With Soothanol X2 by Administrator
- Feb 8, 2015 Natural Treatment for Adult ADD by Administrator
- Feb 7, 2015 Insulin, Insulin Resistance, and Diabetes by Administrator
- Jan 6, 2015 Lowering Cholesterol with Garlic Supplements by Administrator